Fats provide a major fuel source for energy in your body. Fats occur in either a liquid form or in a in a solid form.
Learn More About Fats
Fun Facts About Fat
- Oils are fats in a liquid form and often come from plants and fish
- Butter is a fat in a solid form, others include animal fat and shortening
- Oil fats are often consumed in nuts, fish, salad dressing, cooking oils
- Southern Europeans were producing olive oil as early as 3000 BC
- All fats are not created equal! Go for mono & poly -unsaturated fats to keep your body healthy. Stay away from saturated and trans fats.
Only 5% of daily calories should come from sugar. Excess sugar is turned into fat & stored on your body.
Learn More About sugars here
Fun Facts About Sugar
- One of the world’s oldest ingredients
- Lemons have more sugar than strawberries
- Christopher Columbus brought the first sugar cane seeds to the New World in 1493
- The only taste we are born craving
- There are at least 115 names for sugar in its many types and forms
- Simple sugars are also known as simple carbohydrates
Beware of Sugar!
Excess sugar can cause
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Tooth Decay
- Cold-like symptoms
- Weakened immunity